vSphere Update Manager 6.0 Patch and Upgrade Management Guide
vSphere Update Manager(VUM) is a utility that oversees the installation of updates for existing installations of VMware ESX Server and guest operating systems. Update Manager tracks vulnerabilities within the virtual infrastructure and automatically applies user-defined patches to eliminate those vulnerabilities.
Why leverage vSphere Update Manager in Vsphere environment?
- Facilitate upgrades and patching of ESX Server installations, guest operating systems,
- Helps establish a consistently secure and patched environment.
- Out of the box single Vsphere Patching Solution
• vSphere vCenter 5.5, 6.0, or 6.5 has been installed.
• vSphere Update Manager(VUM) 5.5, 6.0 or 6.5 has been installed.
• vSphere Update Manager(VUM) Client installed.
Please reference vCenter and VUM installation guide sections if none of the 1.2 has been completed.
- vCenter 6.5 Installation Guide
- vSphere Update Manager Installation Guide.
- vSphere Update Manager(VUM) Client Installation Guide.
Download VMware Update Manager Patch Managment Guide Below.
Download ESXI Patch
Search for ESXI Patch Level.
Great Video Tutorial Host Upgrade Using Update Manager.
Using Powercli to Upgrade ESXI Host to ESXI 6.0.0 Update 2