vRA-IAAS- Install on Window 2012
IaaS Database Server Requirements: These are the general requirements for the IaaS Database (SQL Server). TCP/IP protocol enabled for MS SQL ServerMicrosoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator Service (MS DTC) enabled on all SQL nodes in the system
Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MS DTC) helps you control the coordination of transactions between applications and resource managers. Depending on the network topology of these components, a transaction can span multiple DTCs throughout your network.
To allow transactions to be coordinated across the network, Network DTC Access must be enabled on all MS DTC instances that are participating in the transaction. For example, if a COM+ object attempts to update a Microsoft SQL Server® database on a remote computer by using an MS DTC transaction, the transaction fails if network transactions are disabled. Similarly, if the computer hosts a SQL database that has remote applications that try to access the database by using an MS DTC transaction, those transactions also fail if Network DTC Access is disabled.
To enable Network DTC Access for MS DTC transactions
- Open the Component Services snap-in.To open Component Services, click Start. In the search box, type dcomcnfg, and then press ENTER.
- Expand the console tree to locate the DTC (for example, Local DTC) for which you want to enable Network MS DTC Access.
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- Click the Security tab and make the following changes:
- In Security Settings, select the Network DTC Access check box.
- In Transaction Manager Communication, select the Allow Inbound and Allow Outbound check boxes.
- Click OK.
No firewalls between Database Server and the Web server or IaaS Server, or ports opened as described in Port Requirements
1.Login to the installer using root and password specified during the deployment of the vRA applianceAs this is the first IaaS server, I will be installing all the roles on this server (Will add a secondary DEM Orchestrator and DEM worker to another server later). Therefore select Complete Install and click next
The built-in Pre-Requisite checker will now verify that you’ve got all the pre-requisites and confirm.