What is Windows Server 2016?
Windows Server 2016 is a server operating system developed by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems, developed concurrently with Windows 10.
The first early preview version (Technical Preview) became available on October 1, 2014
Together with the first technical preview of System Center.Unlike previous Windows Server versions, which were released simultaneously with the client operating system,
Windows Server 2016 was released on September 26, 2016, at Microsoft’s Ignite conference and became generally available on October 12, 2016.
Scope and Purpose:
We will be illustrating how to install a fresh installation of Windows Server 2016 on Vmware Vsphere Virtualization environment.
CPU, Memory and Storage Prerequisites:
A minimum of 1.4 GHz 64-bit EMT64 or AMD64 processor. Quad Core Recommended for production systems.
For Core installation, a minimum Disk Space of 32 GB is required. Additional 4 GB is required for GUI installation.
Disk Space Capacity Planning:
Microsoft Support recommends
3X times the RAM size limited up to 32 GB. Which means 96 GB (32×3 = 96 GB)
512 MB ECC supported Memory Modules
800 MB for VM Installations, post installation, reduce RAM to 512 MB.
Minimum a Gigabit Ethernet adapter with 1 Gbps throughput.
We will set the based Windows Server 2016 Based Installation with the follow Specs
- 2 CPU
- 6G of RAM
- 80 G of Disk Space”
- 1G Network Adaptor Interface.
Windows / Version – Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (64bit) and click Next.
reference posting.. http://anthonyspiteri.net/quick-post-e1000-vs-vmxnet3/
13. Click on Install Now start the installation process.
14. Select the appropriate version of the Windows Server 2016. in this demo, we will select the Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Evaluation Desktop Experience x64)
15. Accept ELA term Click the box check I accept license terms and click on the Next button.
16.. Select the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option for clean installation.
17. Select the hard drive that you want to install the windows server on, then click on the New
to create the partitions.
18. After clicking Next the System starts copying all the files from the external drive to internal hard drive – Please note this will take awhile
19. When the system copied all the files and restarted, finalize your task by entering the required details. Password for Administrator User Account and Click Finish.
20. Select VM—-Guest —Send Control & Alt Delete to log into the newly Windows Server 2016. to a login page and inside the box below the administrator user name, enter the password and press Enter button from the keyboard to sign in the Windows.
21. This should conclude Windows Server 2016 Free Installation.
c. When the desktop is loaded, click VM in the virtual machine menu, then click Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools and click OK.
Guest Operating System Installation Guide – Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2016 Download
Windows Server 2016 Platform
Windows Server 2016 Essential Memory Limit RAM and Other Hardware Limits
General VMware Tools installation instructions,