What is Vcenter?
VCenter Server provides centralized management and operation, resource provisioning and performance evaluation of virtual machines residing on a distributed virtual data center.
VMware VCentre Server is designed primarily for VSphere,
1.1 Target Audience/Purpose/Scope:
This document is targeted installation of Vmware Vsphere 6.0 vCenter Server.
The purpose and scope in implementing vCenter 6.0 Server to leverage
- Storage VMotion,
- VMware High Availability (VMHA),
- VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Deploy from Template
- Clone VM to Template
- Systems Prep Virtual Machine Provisioning. .
1.2 Prerequisite requirements
- Download VMware-VIMSetup-all-6.5.0-4602587 from VMware download(Click On Link)
- Windows 2012 R2 OS
- Min CPU, RAM and Disk requirements
CPU x 2, RAM 2G to 8G, and Disk 50 G
- vCenter Host DNS -FQDN and AD Membership Registered to both AD and DNS. i.e
Vcenter 6.5 Installation Guide on Windows Server 2012 R2
Click Here Download Guide.
VMware vSphere Vcenter 6.5 on Windows 2012 R2- Installation
VMware vSphere VCSA 6.5 Installation