SCCM 2012 R2-System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Install Guide
I. SCCM Prerequisites Requirements:
*reference MS System Center Page for detail documentation.
1. Create System Management Container in AD
2. Delegate control to the SCCM site server to the newly created container in AD Users and Computers.
3.Extend the Schema
4.Install Site Server roles and features Prerequisites
5.Install Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8.1
a.User State Migration Tool (USMT)
b.Windows Deployment Tools
c.Windows PreInstallation Environment (Windows PE)
6.Install SQL Server SQL Server 2012 SP1
i.‘SQL Collation, used for backwards compatibility’
ii.choose SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. Click Ok. Click Next.
b. SQL RAM -SSMS and limit the amount of RAM SQL 50% of total RAM.
Set the value for both max and min.
c. Set SQL Server to run with either a named domain account, network service or local system account.
II. System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Installation Steps.
1. Begin the install of SCCM 2012 R2 by running splash.hta. Click Install.
2. Click Next, To Begin.
4.Enter a licence key or evaluate. Click Next.
a.Accept the licence agreement and click Next.
b.Accept pre-req licences and click Next.
5.Create a folder to store install updates and point the SCCM install to that location. Click Next.
6.Updates will download and install.
a. Select any language requirements for the SCCM server and click Next.
b. Select any client language requirements and click Next.
7.Enter a 3 digit site code and description and click Next.
8.Choose whether to run the primary as stand-alone or join to an existing hierarchy. Click Next.
a, In this instance a stand-alone primary is being installed.
Click Yes to accept. Accept the database default configuration and click Next.
9. Specify the path to the SQL database file and log file. In this instance it is the defaults. Click Next.
10. Click Next to set the current server as the SMS Provider
11. Specify the path to the SQL database file and log file. In this instance it is the defaults. Click Next.
12.Set ‘Configure the communication method on each site system role’ as a PKI infrastructure is not being used. Click Next.
13.Install both a MP and a DP onto the site server. Click Next.
14. Choose whether to join the CEIP. Click Next.
15.Click Next at the Summary screen.
16. The following warnings can be ignored at the pre-req check screen. Click Begin Install.
SCCM will begin the installation.
17.Click close when complete.
18. Restart SCCM Host
19. Install SCCM Admin Console –SCCM 2012 R2 –SCCM2012_R2_SCCM_SCEP\ Splash –
SCCM 2012 R2 Installation Guide.