What is Nutanix?
The Nutanix solution consists of the “Nutanix Virtual Computing Platform” which delivers enterprise compute and storage through the deployment of commodity computing servers (called nodes) which each run a standard hypervisor and the Nutanix Operating System (NOS). Each server contains Intel processors, memory, solid-state drives and traditional hard drives, and when added into a cluster aggregates storage resources into a single storage pool. Capacity is added by adding a node to the computing cluster.
Nutanix Administration Guide -Coming Soon!!!!
- Nutanix Administration:overview
- Enterprise Virtualization:
- Storage – Server-Attached Flash(SSDs)
- High-Capacity Spinning Disk(HDDs)
- Virtualized storage3 controllers per node.
- Compute – 4 independent server compute nodes Intel CPU + RAM
- 4 Nodes in 2U Block.
Nutanix Distributed File System is a scalable distributed file system designed for virtualization workloads. Built for enterprise datacenters to enable a turn key private cloud building block, NDFS delivers fault tolerance, high performance, scalability and reliability for server and desktop virtual machines.
Nutanix in a Nutshell